The Nationals in government have delivered $320m towards the $400m Shepparton rail line upgrade.
Australian Government Funding: $320 million
Victorian Government contribution: $80 million
Total: $400 million
This project will deliver further upgrades to the Shepparton Rail Line that will complement the
works undertaken by the Victorian Government during Stages 1 and 2 of the project. Upgrades will
include track works to improve the ride quality, reliability and resilience of the line for passenger
and freight rail services.
These works will also assist with the introduction of modern VLocity-class trains onto the
Shepparton Rail Line and maximise the benefits of the new trains for passengers.
– This project is expected to support 990 direct and indirect jobs, based on Australian Government estimates.
– Improved passenger rail services.
– Improved freight rail services.
– Improved connectivity between people with jobs and services, and goods with markets.
– This project is expected to start in early 2021 and be finished by late 2023.
To see the Australian Government Infrastructure Investment Program CLICK HERE