Daniel Andrews has today outdone himself, announcing an aged care package for regional Victoria from the comfort of Melbourne’s eastern suburbs.
From Warrnambool to Wodonga, Mildura to Mansfield, the Liberals and Nationals will deliver for all of Victoria, and unlike the Premier, we have, and will continue to make these important local announcements from the towns and cities they will benefit.
Earlier this month, Matt Guy and the Liberals and Nationals were in Bendigo, Ballarat, Shepparton and Mansfield. This has built on recent visits to St Arnaud, Daylesford, Wodonga, Warrnambool, Warragul, Geelong, Cobden, Mildura, Inverloch, Portland and the Bellarine, just to name a few.
While we continue to make major announcements across regional Victoria, the Premier has today arrogantly proven that those living beyond the tram tracks aren’t worth his time.
This is a slap in the face to those who have already been treated so poorly through years of neglect.
Regional Victorians won’t forget the strain their local health systems have experienced due to years of underfunding and mismanagement by Daniel Andrews and Labor over the past eight years.
The Liberals and Nationals’ commitment to the regions is clear, with major healthcare announcements to date including:
- New West Gippsland Hospital
- New Mildura Hospital
- New Albury/Wodonga Hospital
- New Shepparton Cancer Centre and Health School
- Upgraded Daylesford Hospital
- Upgraded Mansfield Hospital
- Redevelopment of St Arnaud Hospital
- New Armstrong Creek ambulance station
- Upgraded Cobden Health facilities
- New dialysis unit at Benalla Health
- Bush nursing services across the state
- Alcohol and drug rehabilitation centres across the state
- Free public transport for health workers
Shadow Minister for Government Scrutiny, Louise Staley, said Daniel Andrews’ snub was a slap in the face to regional Victorians.
“The fact the Premier announces a regional health policy via a press conference in Melbourne’s east proves he doesn’t care about regional Victorians,” Ms Staley said.
“We will govern for all Victorians and all of Victoria.”
“Daniel Andrews has no plan to fix regional healthcare, his only plan is to evade scrutiny from those in the country that he has left behind.”