Several East Gippsland Health Services have been funded for infrastructure upgrades.
Gippsland East, Nationals MP, Tim Bull said he had been advised by the Minister of funding for works to be undertaken across several facilities.
“While our population continues to grow steadily, ongoing investment in our medical centres is critical and while major works are required in a number of locations, this removes some of the projects off the waiting list,” he said.
Among the works funded are:
Bairnsdale Regional Health Service
* Redesign of the car park area to remove commercial traffic from Hospital entrances and improve mobility access
Bairnsdale Regional Health Service – Consulting Suites and Administration
* Update and reconfigure the bathrooms within the Administration and Consulting suites
Buchan Bush Nursing Centre
* Upgrade motor vehicle to provide staff with safe transportation
* Install solar panel system to enhance energy efficiency and reduce costs over the long term
Cann Valley Bush Nursing Centre
* Security to building and staff during and after hours
Dargo Bush Nursing Centre
* Remodelling of bathroom and replacement of existing flooring to improve infection prevention and control and staff and client safety
Ensay Bush Nursing Centre
* To prevent ember attack from bush fires a sprinkler system will be installed
Gelantipy District Bush Nursing Centre
* Acquisition of a telehealth hub comprehensive examination toolkit, providing observation, patient data storage and live-streaming services
Gippsland Lakes Community Health – Lakes Entrance Campus
* Renewable failover solar installation
Omeo District Health
* Full refurbishment and reconfiguration of Transition Care Program unit, to bring the space into compliance with program guidelines
* Reconstruct West Courtyard Garden at Lewington House residential aged care facility, to create a safe, dementia friendly outdoor space
Orbost Regional Health – Orbost Regional Health entrance and reception
* Improve accessibility and safety for the aged and disabled to the main entrance and reception area
Swifts Creek Bush Nursing Centre
* Contribution to equipment and capital improvements to support patient care and safety during regular operation of service and emergencies.
* Improvements to ergonomics and technology, including new computers, video conferencing hardware for telehealth and standing desks for staff