The last of the Bushfire Recovery Victoria’s Community Facility funding stream will soon expire and Member for Gippsland East, Tim Bull, is encouraging local community groups to consider applying for grants up to $50,000.
Applications for this final round of funding will close on June 30, so time is running out.
“Bushfire Recovery Grants for Community Facilities grant program can assist local community groups to upgrade or repair community facilities, purchase essential equipment or fund the local sporting clubs project that has been on the backburner due to insufficient club funds,” Mr Bull said.
“Previous rounds of this program have funded some terrific projects which may have taken years of fundraising to achieve.
“It is important to note that communities do not need to have been flame impacted to apply and projects considered can be located within the Local Government areas of East Gippsland and Wellington Shire Councils.”
Some examples of previously awarded projects include:
- Glenaladale Recreation Reserve will purchase a lawnmower to assist with maintaining the reserve
- Lakes Entrance Football and Netball Club received funding to resurface its netball court
- Metung Swan Reach Cricket Club will install a new cricket turf wicket
- Wairewa Public Hall and Recreation Reserve facilities will undertake upgrades on the existing facilities
- Water tanks will be installed at the Clifton Creek Community Hall and Recreation Reserve
- Cabbage Tree Creek Hall Committee of Management received funding for a tractor to undertake fire preparedness works
- The Rotary Club of Mitchell River received funding for a new storage facility
“These are some great examples of what this program can fund,” Mr Bull said.
“If your club or community group has a project that desperately needs funding support, please consider applying.
“Applicants are advised to take a look at the Bushfire Recovery Victoria website for the eligibility criteria and program guidelines before applying.”
For more information go to https://www.vic.gov.au/bushfire-recovery-grants-community-facilities or contact my office on 5152 3491.